Harry and Nancy Stamey
Our 2023 Honorees
Harry and Nancy Stamey joined FVCC in 1965 and were actively involved throughout their lives. Harry served as club president and both he and Nancy served on various golf committees over the years. All three children were also involved at Frosty, with Dan working in the pro shop under head pro, Wayne McKee, Ann spending time at the pool, and Bill growing up on the course. Harry is remembered for his love of golf, which included two club championship runner-up finishes and numerous wins in the annual Labor Day Better Ball event he helped initiate, bringing it over from Bucknell Golf Club. Harry was an accomplished painter and many of his paintings of Frosty still hang in his children’s homes. Nancy, also an avid golfer, is fondly remembered for her early morning tee times and rapid pace of play. She was able to introduce many of her grandchildren to golf at Frosty over the years. But, of course, she is best remembered for her hospitality on the 11th tee, delivering her famous chocolate chip cookies to her favorite foursomes just below the home they built in 1973 overlooking the back nine. Nancy was a member at Frosty for over 40 years. This invitational was one of their favorite weekends of the year. Enjoy the event, play well, and be sure to have a chocolate chip cookie during Friday’s round when you reach the 11th tee!
Play will be contested over the challenging David Gordon layout at The Golf Club at Frosty Valley Resort. The Open Division will compete from both Purple/Orange Tees (6400 – 6675 yards), the Senior Division will compete from the Black Tees (5900 – 6100 yards), the Super Senior Division (65+ years of age) will compete from the White Tees (5300 – 5500 yards). NOTE: Both players on a team must compete from the same set of tees, utilizing the tees appropriate for the younger member of the team, if applicable.
The Stamey Family
2023 Rules and Guidelines
- $440 per two-man team
- Final deadline for all entries June 9, 2023 by 5pm
- All entries must be submitted via the electronic entry form by clicking the “Register” link below
- No entry will be accepted without an accompanying full entry fee via credit card
- No entry fee will be refunded unless a request for refund is received by June 16, 2023, and the reason for the request is deemed appropriate by the Committee. A $100 fee will be retained by FVR if there is a full field and no replacement team can be found
Entry Fee Includes
- Two practice rounds are permitted prior to the event after entry has been received and approved by FVR. Practice rounds must be scheduled in advance by calling the FVR Pro Shop (570-275-4700) and players must take a cart at a cost of $20 per player per round
- Three rounds of play (including cart)
- Two meals provided each day
- Full use of Frosty Valley Resort facilities including range balls, club storage, locker rooms, and pool
- Players may establish an FVR Charge Account for the weekend at registration on the tournament’s first day
- Entries are limited to the first 96 teams
- Entrants limited to male amateur competitors 16 years of age or older
- Players on a team must play from the same tee
- Play will be three rounds *unless altered by the FVR Memorial Committee based on unforeseen circumstances
- There will be three divisions: Open, Senior (55-64 years of age), and Super Seniors (65+ years of age)
- Four-ball play (better ball of partners) will be contested in all divisions. Teams will play two rounds of qualifying and will be flighted within their divisions for the final day. **Please Note: Match Play will not be contested in our 2023 event**
- Pairs of two-man teams in each starting time each day
- Starting times on all three days will commence from both the #1 and #10 tees as assigned by the Committee
2023 Registration Details Here!
The field is limited to 96 teams.
Registration is now available for Waitlist Teams! The field is full at this time, however we are accepting teams on the waitlist in the event a team is unable to participate.