Michael E. Boone.
Our 2021 Honoree
Michael E Boone, or “Boonie”, as he was known to most, had a love for golf that was never-ending and to him it was a year-round sport! He joined Frosty Valley in November 1994. As administrator at Grandview Health Homes, it was a mere half mile to the golf course and watering hole after a day at the office. The relationships that were made at the club, on and off the course, were many and they were strong. His drives were even stronger, and it showed with his Hole-in-one on #4.
We are so very proud of the beautiful clock tower that was placed in his honor and we are blessed for another proud moment in having him named as the Honoree of this year’s Invitational tournament. We are looking forward to this tournament and hope you will come and join us for a weekend of golf, “Boonie style”, and you will not be disappointed!
Honor him by golfing, sharing in a Tito’s toast for him and fill the day with memories and laughter for the past as well as making new ones, as he would have wanted!
Play will be contested over the challenging David Gordon layout at The Golf Club at Frosty Valley Resort. The Open Division will compete from both Purple/Orange Tees (6400-6675 yards), the Senior Division will compete from the Black Tees (5900-6100 yards), the Super Senior Division (65+ years of age) will compete from the Blue Tees (5300-5500 yards). NOTE: Both players on a team must compete from the same set of tees, utilizing the tees appropriate for the younger member of the team, if applicable.
2021 Rules and Guidelines
- $400 per two-man team
- Final deadline for all entries June 11, 2021 by 5pm
- All entries must be submitted via the electronic entry form by clicking the “Register” link below.
- No entry will be accepted without accompanying full entry fee via credit card
- No entry fee will be refunded unless a request for refund is received by June 18, 2021 and reason for the request is deemed appropriate by the Committee. A $100 fee will be retained by FVR if there is a full field and no replacement team can be found
Entry Fee Includes
- Two practice rounds are permitted prior to the event after entry has been received and approved by FVR. Practice rounds must be scheduled in advance by calling the FVR Pro Shop (570-275-4700) and players must take a cart at a cost of $20 per player per round
- Three rounds of play (including cart)
- Two meals provided each day
- Tee gift and prizes
- Full use of Frosty Valley Resort facilities including range balls, club storage, locker rooms, and pool
- Players may establish an FVR Charge Account for the weekend at registration on the tournament’s first day
- Entries are limited to the first 96 teams
- Entrants limited to male amateur competitors 16 years of age or older
- Players on a team must play from the same tee
- Play will be three rounds *unless altered by the FVR Memorial Committee based on unforeseen circumstances
- There will be three divisions: Open, Senior (55-64 years of age), and Super Seniors (65+ years of age)
- Four-ball play (better ball of partners) will be contested in all divisions *following play in the opening round, the top eight (8) teams in the Open Division (ties broken using USGA regression tie-breaker system) will be paired for match play Saturday. Match play first-round winners will play two matches Saturday, with the championship and third-place matches held Sunday. The four first-round match play losers on Saturday will be paired in a separate flight of medal play Sunday. The remainder of the field in all divisions will play a second day of four-ball qualifying Saturday to be flighted within their divisions for the final day. The Committee reserves the right to adjust the number of teams in each flight to best minimize stroke differential
- Pair of two-man teams in each starting time each day
- Starting times on all three days will commence from both the #1 and #10 tees as assigned by the Committee
**At this time, applications are open to those TEAMS that participated in the 2020 FVRM. Eligible applicants have been e-mailed the active password. 2020 Players with a NEW PARTNER will be e-mailed in the second application round. Applications will open to everyone else April 26, 2021**